100 torinon dating the world
The work is also designed in some cases to bring to light elements that had been hidden by previous refurbishment and to correct some previous building works.
Repair and restoration work on the House of Savoy residences, conducted with the aim of opening them to the public, begun in the 1970s and is still underway.
Source: Brief synthesis The Residences of the Royal House of Savoy comprise a large serial inscription of estates including 22 palaces and villas developed for administrative and recreational purposes in and around Turin by the dukes of Savoy from 1562.
Eleven of the components of the property are in the centre of Turin and the remaining 11 located around the city according to a radial plan.
With the programme to restore Rivoli Castle and its conversion into the Museum of Contemporary Art (inaugurated in 1984) a process of restoration and the return to public utility of these historic, architectural and artistic assets led to the reopening of many residences.
Protection and management requirements Each of the component parts the Residences of the Royal House of Savoy is protected by national, regional and local regulations.
source: UNESCO/ERI Description is available under license CC-BY-SA IGO 3.0 Toen Emmanuel-Philibert, hertog van Savoye, zijn hoofdstad verplaatste naar Turijn in 1562, begon hij een lange reeks van bouwprojecten (voortgezet door zijn opvolgers) om de macht van het heersende huis te tonen.
Furthermore, the regional legislation on the conservation of natural areas and biodiversity includes a few of the areas located within the perimeter of the World Heritage property among those subject to special protection due to their natural features.
Outstanding architects included Ascanio Vitozzi, Benedetto Alfieri, Amedeo di Castellamonte, Guarino Guarini and Filippo Juvarra.
In the 1800s the government of the realm was taken over by the Carignano branch of the House of Savoy and during this period its sovereigns shifted their interest to more outlying buildings used as retreats (Agliè, Racconigi, Govone and Pollenzo) and ultimately the abandonment of the Baroque ‘Crown of Delights’ plan.
According to national regulations of the (or the cultural and landscape heritage code) these monuments are subject to specific conservation measures that affect single buildings and, in the case of Stupinigi, Rivoli, Govone, Racconigi, Pollenzo, Venaria, La Mandria and Agliè regional and EU landscape regulations protect the wider area where they are located.
Under the national regulations all restoration work is subject to prior approval by the competent Office of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism.
source: UNESCO/ERI Description is available under license CC-BY-SA IGO 3.0 Cuando el duque Emmanuel Filiberto de Saboya trasladó su capital a Turín en 1562, quiso mostrar el poderío de su familia acometiendo la ejecución de una vasta serie de proyectos de construcción, que serían proseguidos por sus sucesores.