Updating site content type failed infopath
Info Path is used to capture information and my work around is to reduce the information displayed. If you create a new form library, you should not have any issue publishing the form for the first time.
You will be able to add all of your columns and publish the complete form.
What you're actually doing by removing columns is shrinking the form from being too large and the web service that is uploading the template is completing inside of 30 seconds.
I realized later that it was updating the document template but I wasn’t thinking about that when I saw the error message.
We have created a mirror site (a test site really) on a different farm so that we can test any changes that are made to the form/library before we affect our actual production site.
To keep the two sites in sync, we create any new columns that we would like to promote in our test environment first and then we run powershell to get the information of that new column and create it in the production site so they have the same GUID.
I haven't tested if linking all the files back to the current form template will resolve the issue or not, but it was something I noticed when recreating the form library.
I've done some more investigating and found something interesting.
After doing some research on it I found basically this issue is due to inc in number of column promoted to library . when we publish Info Path forms with more than 30 column some time it take more than 30 sec(time taken for file to get copied into sharepoint site not the entire publish wizard) . MS have fixed this 30 sec hardcoded issue in SP2 of MS Office clients ( 2.